Come on in...

Friday, October 17, 2008

So spoiled

Side note: Marvelly is the best sleeper. By eight weeks old she was sleeping through the night for an average of 14 hours at a time, and now at seven months she sleeps a solid 12 hours, from 7:30-7:30. She rarely gets up in the middle of the night, usually once every couple of weeks, and it's usually because she has gas or something to that effect.
Like I said-spoiled. (and loving it)
So, on the rare occasion that Marvelly does decide to grace us with her presence in the wee hours of the morning, I still don't have to get up, because Isaak always puts her back to bed.
This Dairy Queen closes come 7:30 so Isaak gets to give her a bottle because I don't open again until it's for real time to wake up. I have the best husband.
Spoiled again. ( and loving it).
Wellllllll, Isaak left for California Tuesday morning leaving me home with both girls for the first time since we've had two girls. It's hard, not having an extra pair of hands, but we make do. That is until last night-when Marvelly decided that this was going to be the night that she was going to get up, and grace not us, but me, with her presence, at 2:45am. She's so thoughtful. She must have been dreaming about how much she loved her mommy because when she woke up you could tell that she was missing me bad.
"Man, where is Isaak????!" I think as I force myself out of bed...
I go in her room and I think she is going to explode with excitement! So happy! Talking, spitting, flapping her arms all around!
"This is gonna be a long night."
I'm not quite as enthusiastic as she is.
Like I said, Isaak is the one who puts her back to bed, and now I am the one having to get up.
Not very happy.
Marvelly, on the other hand, was very happy!
I give her a bottle ( her nubby) thinking that will calm her down and help put her back to sleep.
Uh uh, no, it's like she was drinking speed!
The more she drank the more hyper she got!
not loving this.
It was a very long night.
And I say all this to say, I love my husband, I miss him when he's gone, and I appreciate everything he does for me and our family.
(he's only been gone four days-I have a feeling December is going to be a long month)

2 comments:

Holly said...

the first week is the hardest...so the week you just had was as hard as it gets...
you can totally do it!

The Toronto Family said...

I really think "they" (as in the kids) do this stuff when the daddies are gone it's like as switch goes off in there heads. Ethan wet the bed for the first two weeks every night, when Will left. Then Aaron has been having mad dreams, and now Ryan (like your cutie is a great sleeper) has been raising way earlier then I would care too! Like your hubby mines works the night shift with the boys (as you said we are so spoiled!) I guess this is Gods way of letting us know how lucky we are to have such wonderful hubbies it is great that you see that and are grateful for him!

When is he due back anyway??

and like Holly said... it will get better, you can totally do it!!!