Come on in...

Friday, October 24, 2008

Quillows by Rosemary

The first time I met Isaak's aunt Rosemary, we were living in California and went down to LA for a visit so Isaak could see his cousins and hang with his family. Isaak was giving me the scoop on the way down, telling me about his aunt and cousins, and one of the things that he mentioned was that his Aunt Rosemary was an incredible seamstress, sewer, uh, I'm not quite sure what people who are really good at sewing that to be called but you get the idea.
And he was not lying!
Man, can that woman sew!
And quillows is one of her specialties.
I had never even heard of a quillow before ( she was one of the first people to ever make these).
A pillow that transforms into a quilt/blanket.
Isaak just loves these. So when we had Sydaleigh the first thing that he wanted was for his Aunt Rosemary to make her a quillow. And, when Isaak returned from California last week he brought one home for Marvelly that she had been working on.
Both girls have cat quillows-Sydaleigh's cat's are super fancy with purses and jewlery and Marvelly's cat's are classic and old fashioned with aprons and bonnetts-
Super cute, very different ( hmm, kind of like my girls :))
I love that they both have one and it's a special something that they can keep with them forever.
I also love that we have people in our family with special talents, talents and skills that range all across the board. And I'm grateful they are willing to use those skills to bless our family.
Thanks Aunt Rosemary!



No comments: