Come on in...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

paintings finally here

I have to say that at 26, almost 27 years old I still get
excited about receiving something in the mail.
(bills don't count)

It's fun....the anticipation.

So this week was very special for me because we were waiting to receive two paintings by Isaak's dad, and a custom purse that I had ordered almost six weeks ago.
All three came!
(yes, I was very excited because these things, though they sound trivial, really excite me!)

Our paintings are finally home.
And I got my cute new purse.

Anyways,
The first painting is Isaak's and is called Sunburst

this second painting is mine, no title.
I'm not entirely sure how Isaak's dad felt about painting me this. I asked him months ago if he would paint for me an abstract christian genre type painting. I don't know exactly where he stood spiritually but it really blessed my heart that he agreed to paint it for me even if he had mixed feelings about it.


I know it means a lot to Isaak to finally have some of his Dad's artwork in our home, to look at. Brent was an exceptional artist and I hope with these hanging in our home it will bring Isaak some extra comfort, help him to remember his dad in a cool positive way.
Now we just have to find a place to hang em! These suckers are big!

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

how amazing!! to have art in your home from his dad, it's like he will always have a little piece of his dad with him.... they are both great but I love the first one, beautiful! ... Also- I want to see the cute custom purse ! I love getting stuff in the mail too :) I just not a new pair of shoes and a diaper bag and some new make-up (christmas came early for me this year) and I was checking the mail everyday like a crazy person until they got here! - it's the 6 year old trapped in the 26 year old body!