Come on in...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pee pee update

So yesterday was the big day that we have been anxiously anticipating...Sydaleigh finally went to Children's Hospital for her VCU test for all her recurring UTI's. Oye. What a day. Hard to put it into words right now. I've been waiting for this day to come for quite a while. I knew it wasn't going to be fun, but I've been almost eagerly awaiting it, simply because I wanted it to be over with.

The hospital was great, super kid friendly, which was good seen as how it's a children's hospital. :) They only let one parent back with the child during testing and at the time Sydaleigh said she wanted Isaak to accompany her-which made Isaak happy because he really wanted to be back there with her to keep a close eye on the Doctors and technicians, ask questions, and just keep his ever watchful daddy eyes on his little girl. I think that was probably best. I think I would have lost it and started to cry when I saw how scared and upset Sydaleigh was getting. Isaak is a rock and he was just what Sydaleigh needed (even though sitting in the waiting room wasn't much better because all I could do was sit there!)

After an hour it was all over with. The test typically only takes thirty minutes but Sydaleigh wouldn't pee right away (can you blame her) so they had to wait for her to go. Poor kid. How do you get a two year old to make sense out of all of this? She had to of been thinking, "why are they doing this to me?". Seriously breaks my heart because she's too young to understand any of it. Which is a good thing too I guess.

Anyways, when we got home she was a bit standoffish towards me. Gee wonder why?? Isaak told me in the car she was calling for me in the room. Oye, there goes my heart again.
I tried not to let it get to me too much, she's too young to really care about my feelings, which I understand. And by the end of the night I was back in her good graces thanks to a distracting evening with friends. But today now, she is not wanting to go pee. I'm not sure if it still stings a bit, or if the memory of the event has traumatized her from wanting to go.

With all the mental preparation I did in anticipation for yesterday, for some reason it didn't occur to me that there would be a ripple effect. I was so focused on the day, the morning, the tests, and just getting through it all, I didn't focus on the fact that she would be dealing with this long after the tests were done.

I'm expecting the tests to come back normal, praying at least. Praying everyday this whole ordeal gets a little bit further from Sydaleigh's mind so that it stops affecting her daily life, or at least her peeing habits. I hope to get the results by Tuesday, so until then....

No comments: