Come on in...

Friday, October 3, 2008

No hesitation here

Kids.
Gotta love em.
Today we were at the park by our house playing. And Sydaleigh being almost three is finally big enough to do some of the 'older' kid things at the playground.
She is no longer limited anymore to going down the slide and sitting in the baby swing, which makes her so happy.
Makes me a little bit more nervous.
But Sydaleigh loves climbing up this circular metal thing ( I don't really know what they're called, sorry), which is probably around 7 feet tall, and then climbing back down.
It makes her feel like such a big kid.
(of course I stand right next to her, just in case she loses her footing, because, well that's just me)
But when she gets to the top she likes to jump to me so I can catch her.
She just lets go.
I don't think it crosses her mind for a second that I even wouldn't.
She just has such complete trust, shows no hesitation, and just lets go....
I just love that about kids....
Of all the things I am constantly trying to teach my girls, it's nice that every now and then, they get to teach me a thing or two, and remind me of the important things.
As parents, I don't think we stop and think very often about our children being the ones to teach us-after all, we're the parents, we know everything right??!
Yeah, well, not quite, but we make a valiant effort.
So thank you Sydaleigh for my little lesson and reminder today.
Just go for it!

No comments: