Come on in...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Sure, why not....

Oh.my.gosh....
I'm having a hard time thinking past those three words at the moment....
oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!!!!

The Portrait Project has some cool stuff coming up here soon...
I was asked to photograph a foster girl who just found out, last minute, that she is graduating from high school, and she needs senior portraits. This is through CASA, (Court Appointed Special Advocate) the organization we hooked up with last year to donate all the dresses we collected to. While meeting with them we told them about the Portrait Project and they were super stoked at the idea of providing portraits to their graduating foster kids, who wouldn't otherwise have the means to get them.
So that's coming up, and I can't wait!

Next, in June, less than four weeks away, the Portrait Project is going to Royal Family Kid's Camp, a summer camp for abused, neglected and abandoned children in the foster care system. I will be photographing 48 kids between the ages of 7-11 years old, they'll be all fancied up for their special 'birthday dance'.
Again, I can't wait! But...here's the thing, I have approximately 1-2 minutes to photograph each child, because time is super limited, AND I need to have all the photos edited and printed two days later.......that is where the ,"oh my gosh!" is coming from....

yeah, oh my gosh indeed.

I'm not scared, or flustered, or doubting whether this is in fact a possible feat....I know this can be done. God keeps piling up the plate and I have no doubt He'll be there helping me devour it...

I'm just kind of stuck at oh.my.gosh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know you can count on me! It was such a blessing for me last time and I will be more than glad to help again! Just tell me what to do!

Liz W. said...

I'm in tooo!