Come on in...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A 'fantabulous' weekend

Our main squeeze celebrated his 27th birthday on Friday
(it was actually Saturday but we celebrated early)
I pulled out the stops for Isaak's birthday this year, yup, he totally got hooked up, because he's worth it, and I love him enough to suffer for him once in a while, so I decided to......

mow the lawn!

That's right, I mowed the lawn for my man-for the first time in SIX years.
Six years!
( I'm so proud of myself it's ridiculous)
It took me about ten tries to finally get the thing started, and I contemplated quitting half way through my back yard which is not 'mow' friendly by any means, but I pushed on, literally, so Isaak wouldn't have to suffer doing this heinous choir for at least one weekend.

(I was too tired to push the mower back up our hill, so I just left it down there when I finished.
It's still there. I'm not touching that thing for another year.)


No, this was not his only gift, I bought him a juicy steak and marinaded it for him to use on his new (new to us) grill (thank you Kara and Michael-Isaak LUVS it!)

I got him some new tools to use on his grill, but they didn't make it in yet, so all he got was a picture. After dinner Isaak enjoyed a flourless chocolate cake (that me and Sydaleigh made together) with ice cream and strawberries, drizzled with warm caramel.....mmmmm.....it was sooooooo good-Isaak's current favorite dessert.



Saturday was great too-we headed downtown to the Farmer's Market (wasn't great),
but we can at least say we went and checked it out.

We're going to try a more local farmer's market right down the street from our house this weekend and see if we fare any better. Then we headed to the park and hit up a garage sale on the way home (found the slide I've been looking for plus a super cheap crock pot, totally random, but that's what's great about garage sales!)

Loved Sunday. Church, ice cream, the usual. Nothing super noteworthy,
just pleasant and peaceful.
The weather was amazing, we played outside for an endless amount of time soaking it all up.

It was a fantabulous weekend.
(that's a new word, I just made it up, a mix of fantastic and fabulous-because I'm cool like that, I can make up my own words, and since it was such a great weekend I think it called for a new word to describe how fantabulous it was) :)



my fantabulous family

2 comments:

Holly said...

what a CUTE family picture!!!

Unknown said...

I think you deserve a new word for that awesome weekend!