Come on in...

Friday, October 1, 2010

Bunnies and new neighbors

We got some new neighbors last weekend in the duplex next to us. It seems lately that when someone moves out of their house it does one of two things....it either sits empty for forever, or a single, active duty person will move in with no kids, no welcome mat, no nothing. I would hardly be able to tell the difference between their home and the empty one if I didn't see their cars come and go every now and then.

So we were greatly surprised when we saw a mini van pull into the drive way next to us. Oh my! That was not only fast, but they're sporting a mini van! Score!


(okay, I am.not. anti couples with no kids, or singles, or whatever...but it is nice to have neighbors who are family oriented, come out of their house and socialize, and don't have some weird Burbs identity crisis thing going on....I'm just sayin')

Well, it turns out our new neighbors don't have kids...yet. But they do have bunnies! Two in fact! The next best thing to having kids to play with my kids, is having animals to play with my kids. 


I've heard lots of talk lately about bunnies, and when can we get bunnies, and lets play bunnies, and when can we see the bunnies, and everything is about the bunnies.

 























Flash forward to today (I started writing this last week :~) and the bunnies are no more. One died and they let the other go. But they were fun to pet while it lasted. and we still have great new neighbors and I'll take that over bunnies any day. And in true kid fashion, they don't talk much about the bunnies anymore. Now they're back to wanting a dog and naming him Steve. Which will still not be happening any time soon. :~)

2 comments:

Georgia said...

i'd say name their new pet bunny steve (way better than a dog)

Kelly said...

Steve? Where do they come up with this stuff? Too funny!