Come on in...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bloom y'all

We went to our favorite little farm today. This place never gets old, e-ver. Even the name is adorable, Bloom Where You're Planted. I mean, c'mon, can't get any sweeter than that. One of these years, likely many many many years from now when me and Isaak settle down somewhere longer than the three or four years the Air Force keeps us somewhere...we are going to have a place of our own, and we are going to name it. I don't know what yet, but our place will have a name. And it will be welded into an iron gate at the entrance to our property. Maybe Avalon, and we can have a small apple orchard, or perhaps something more realistic for me like one or two apple trees. Or something else. I don't know. I have plenty of time to dream this one up. :~)

But back to today....

We haven't been to Bloom during the fall in two years. We came here this year at the beginning of summer, but not a whole lot was going on then. And besides, it's just a lot more fun to come in October when they have the Corn Pit filled, the tracker going for hay rides, and the pumpkin patch is in full bloom and ready for pickin'

As the girls were playing in the corn pit my mind instantly went back two years (okay one more day dream)....remembering the last time Marvelly sat in this pit, she wasn't even one yet, and I had to watch her like a hawk to make sure she didn't eat and choke on any of the corn, or hay. Sydaleigh was 2 and still in diapers.





















now, they stand side by side. simply amazes me.  Oh the difference two years can make. :~)


we had some serious corn angels  going on. 

 
It's so nice to leave the "toys" at home and embrace nature as play...


It's not everyday and everywhere that Sydaleigh gets to bench a zucchini the size of Marvelly. 



And it's not everyday that we get this much face action with horses (me and Marvi girl had some matchy matchy going on-she's such a mini-me, well, they both are really. )


Gosh I love Nebraska. It has a few drawbacks, but for the most part, we dig it.



















oh, and these people are pretty cool too. 


No comments: