Come on in...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Whoa.Whoa.Whoa.

I was 'funnily' informed from another mom while I sat on the bleachers waiting for Syd to finish up her swim lesson, that her son....oh dear....*breathe breathe*....that her son is going to marry Sydaleigh.

*eyes bulge*

Aww come on! Say freakin' what?!

She thought it was hilarious! I had to quickly cover my petrified "oh crap Bambi caught in the headlights look" before she could see the panic. 

Sydaleigh is only 4 and already it is starting! Really? REALLY?????

I don't remember giving any boy permission to think it's okay to be marrying my daughter. I'm suppose to have like, I don't know, 10, 20, 30 years before I had to start worrying about boys.

Well great. That's.just.great.

And he was all up in Sydaleigh's business during that last five minutes of swim lessons. Squirting her, chasing her, dumping water on her head....yeah, don't think I wasn't watching him after that, 'cause I was!

I've got my eye on that boy, and every other one out there too.

Gonna have to be on my guard a little bit earlier than expected now I guess.

Great. great.great.great.

7 comments:

DAD said...

I need name address and a daily schedule.... there is much need for words.

Rachael said...

LOL. Yeah, it doesn't take long, especially with a cutie like her :) Which is, of course, why teaching age-appropriate Biblical principles at a young age is so important too! That, and taking up target practice early ;)

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, welcome to the club!

Georgia said...

target practice - definitely target practice; - poor sydaleigh!!! - baseball bats, WMD's, rapunzal's tower are all possible parts of her future (j.k.!) love ya!

Jen said...

Aww! I find it hilarious that you said he was "all up in her business"! You are SO FUNNY!!

D'Ache' said...

Oh yes, however at least you didn't go home and tell her that she and the little boy could no longer be friends.

Marcie said...

we said the same thing about Isaak until you came along!