Come on in...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sick, sleep deprived, and stir crazy

Oye. What a weekend. Actually weekend plus one, as things started to take a turn on Thursday.

Marvelly came down with something late late Wednesday night. Fever, stuffy nose...that's it.

I figured it would last 24 hours. I don't know why I figured that, but I did. Poor kiddo ended up fighting that fever for over 48 hours straight. Which in perspective isn't that long, but when you're sleep deprived and tending to a sickling, it's long. Like, really loooonnnggg. And Marvelly can.not sleep when she's sick. She falls asleep and then wakes up every 5-10 minutes in a cycle that lasts all night.

I figured she was in the home stretch late Friday night. It appeared her fever broke in the evening, but ended up coming back during the night, however; by the time morning light came into view her fever was finally gone.

Thank goodness.

Despite not getting much sleep Thursday and Friday I couldn't sleep past 6am Saturday morning. I had a long awaited hair appointment at 8:30 so I figured I'd just get up early and get some things out of the way that I hadn't gotten done the past two days with Marvi being sick. So, I quietly sat on the couch and did my bible study...just me, Him and the morning light slowly creeping in. And then I made a grocery list to go shopping for after my hair appointment.

The family woke up a little bit later. We do breakfast, get the girls settled and I head out the door.  Ahhh, after a long two days I'm slipping away for a couple hours of solo time. But half way through my hair apt. Isaak calls saying that Marvelly is now throwing up so I better come home so we can take her in.

Ugh, I guess she wasn't in the home stretch after all.

Poor kid. She hadn't eaten much the past few days anyways, and now what little she had eaten, all came up anyways. I hurry back home from the salon, pull in the driveway, Isaak puts Marvelly in the van, and I pull back out and drive her to the urgent care. Little munchkin is such a joy even when she's sick. She told me the whole way there how she threw up on the floor and how Daddy called me. Bless her heart. I just love this girl.

She's acting fine when we get to the Dr's, but as she was sitting on the couch waiting to be called back, she got that look. That look that says I have maybe 5 seconds before she vomits all over the place.  I pick her up dash to the nearest trash can and as soon as her head was over it she let it go. 5 seconds indeed. I swear no body's faster than a mom in a hurry for her kids.We're speed lightning!

Thankfully we were the only ones in the waiting room at that time. :) The doctor told me she just had some kind of virus, and that the vomiting was due to the virus working its way down. Lovely. But thankfully that was the last time. She was able to hold everything down the rest of the day.

But oh, oh Saturday night. I don't know what was wrong with her Saturday night. I assumed (seriously, you'd think I'd be smart enough to never assume anything ever again after having kids!) that she would get a great night's sleep, no fever, vomiting seemed to be passed, I thought her poor body would practically be in a coma. Ah, no. Same thing. Would fall asleep and then wake up tossing and turning and fussing every 5-10 minutes. She did that until one o' clock in the morning and then she finally settled for the night. But then I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4am and got up at 7am.

Oh my, what a weekend. But even with all the sickness and sleeplessness there were some highs

#1- me and Sydaleigh got in mucho coloring time together while Marvelly laid in my bed watching t.v.
#2-Kristine brought us over some much needed snacks since I had no time to go to the store. Bless her!
#3-Got my NY hair cut
#4-got in some good "night" walks with the girls, their new favorite thing
#5-organized the "office", aka bathroom with my desk. :)
#6-was able to show Sydaleigh how to give a cat a bath, on purpose
#7-remembered how much my body dislikes sleeping on the floor...okay that last one really doesn't count as a high.

Anyways, it's Tuesday, and all is well on the sick front. So glad that weekend is behind us.

And because a post is always more fun with pictures, here is poor Anna getting a much needed bath after Sydaleigh pleaded and pleaded to give her one.


don't let her fake look of malice fool you, she was actually purring.


And me and the girls out for our night walk. It's a Mimi thing. They dig it.

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh man! sorry about all that.
how exhausting!!!!

can't wait to see your hair!

that cat is HILARIOUS!
PURRING!???

Georgia said...

it is a mimi thing! use to do it w/ victoria. love ya

Marcie said...

Hoodies and flip flops, y'all are so cute!