Come on in...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Huh, funny how that worked out

I was JUST talking to Isaak a few days ago about this possibility...

"if we still haven't been picked for a child by the time the end of January comes, what should we do about the P.A. program? Should you risk still applying, stepping out in faith that the Lord will bring a child before we have to leave here next Fall? Or should we hold off on applying until the Lord brings us a child?"

"If I apply and get accepted, I couldn't turn it down. If we didn't have a child by the time we left, I would have turn down my acceptance, and then it would sabotage me ever getting into the program again." (Isaak)

We feel the Lord is leading us to two things right now.
#1. adopting a child here in Nebraska
#2. Isaak changing career paths and entering into the medical field.

The problem is that #2 has the potential to happen before #1. And if #2 happened before #1 it could mess up our chances to adopt and for Isaak to become a P.A.

I've been thinking on this on and off in passing for the past couple of days. Not worrying, just "hmm, I wonder how this is gonna all work out," kind of thinking.

And then Isaak calls me this morning and says,
"Well, I can't apply for the P.A. program in January."

"Really? Why not? What happened?" (God happened, :~) ).

"They changed the requirements (two months away from deadline) and the class I need I won't finish in time to apply."

The class, medical terminology, used to be a recommendation, not a requirement. Isaak had already signed up to take it December 1st, winter quarter (the first time it's been available for him to take this whole year) and he won't finish the class until March. He will be a month and a half too late.

Except, Isaak won't be late at all. God's plan is never late, it's always in His time. Gosh I love this...makes me chuckle seeing how God worked this out for us. We didn't have to do a.ny.thing. He took care of it all before we ever had to. Before there was ever a choice, or an ultimatum, or a "what should we do?" moment. Before our plans to follow both #1 and #2 could get hindered, God took care of it. He took #2 off the table completely for right now, so that we can focus on planning for what He's called us to first. Our #1. #2 is still there...it's just #2, and that will have to come next. And we are so okay with that.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."  Prov. 16:9. He has not only given us dreams, but He has given us the steps to get there. Simply amazes me. Every detail, He was mindful of every.single.detail.

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Isaiah 32:17

Total confidence in God. And total peace. I stand amazed. I love it when God happens. :~)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are at peace about this and also, that I will get to have you for another year. God was working in my favor as well!

But, seriously, that means that there is a child out there for you, it is in God's hands.

Bekah Boo said...

Speechless.
beautiful.
what a tangible reminder that the Lord is gracious and good and seeking out and WORKING out our best good.