Come on in...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

School life so far

We are one month into the preschool year and I think I've finally gotten down this whole school thing.

I was worried, very worried at the beginning that I wouldn't be able to keep it all together and I'd be running totally frazzled looking like this...






















(Doc Brown aka Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future).....

I'm really trying to be more intentional with our time, so that way I don't end up looking like Doc- mouth wide open, totally lost and stupefied.

So thankful that's not the case. I really dreaded the thought of turning prematurely white and freaking out my kids. Although I have been known to make that face occasionally.

But, we've got this down. For the most part anyways. That's not to say that our days didn't all of a sudden become a lot more busy, because they did, but I am managing the extra hecticness of it all. The gym days, the swim days, the volunteering (oh yes I am-I showed up in my bathing suit ready to assist in swim day on Friday!), keeping track of papers, days off, show and tell every week, and on and on it goes.

We have a morning routine, our route to school down to a science, making the most of my personal time with Marvelly in the mornings, and reconnecting with Sydaleigh in the afternoons. I have made it a goal over the coarse of this 10 week bible study we're going through to have dinner planned ahead of time, which has been huge for me. Especially with the extra stuff that school brings into our picture I needed order in the evening, and dinner for me is key.

Sydaleigh is really loving school and is making so many new friends. And she just started swim lessons each day after school this whole month. Me and Marvelly are loving our time together. Isaak took the day off yesterday just so he could bring Syd to school and pick her up. So, we're handling it. It's not perfect, but we're doing pretty good. So far so good I'd say.

1 comment:

Isaak said...

Why would looking like Doc brown be a bad thing?? He Invented a Time machine and a time Machine train. He was never lost. he just had so many ingenious ideas that he didn't know where to start.... or stop.