Come on in...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Zoo through the eyes of a five year old

On Thursday I took the girls to the zoo-just the three of us. It had rained early Thursday morning but for only a short time. And by 10am, yes, there were still some lingering thunderstorm type clouds in the sky, okay a lot of gray bubbling over with rain kinda clouds....but I figured, this is Nebraska. Ya can't make plans here around the weather. This state is so finicky with weather. So, I quickly considered the odds of rain while at the zoo and concluded that those wonderfully beautiful gray clouds were nothing more than idle threats.

I was wrong.

By a lot.

Because it rained...the.whole.time. (well, almost, we had ten minutes rain free)

But is was still great. Fantastic actually. The rain was warm, and every now and then the sun would peak through the sky, only for clouds to be ushered back in its place. The air was cooler, but pleasant. And the zoo was quiet. We strolled our favorite spots, took our time. I ran pushing the girls in the stroller through the rain like a crazy person just for fun. The girls splashed in the puddles and I turned over the camera into Sydaleigh's care and she busied herself taking pictures of everything.

And I do mean everything....here is our trip to the zoo from Sydaleigh's perspective....

ahh yes, sewer covers...
Golf carts.....very zoo-ish material....

she did photograph some actual zoo creatures ( I have about 50 pictures of Dory)

Love her Stairs picture. Very abstract.
only from the eyes of a five year old. :~)
(I took the last three, obviously.)

 
It was just one of those days. Those blissfully peacefully chaotic joy filled days. Man we love this place. :~)

1 comment:

D'Ache' said...

We miss that place sooooo much.