Come on in...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

High lows

High/lows past five days.....

low-Isaak was sick all weekend. Boo.
high-when he was feeling better Sunday night he was being extra great with the girls which meant a lot because they were grating on my.last.nerve and having him there to pick up for me emotionally was such a saver.  :~)


low-I had a bad allergic reaction on both eyelids
low-thanks to such allergic reaction I had to throw away every last drop of make-up
low-my eyes were so swollen I couldn't put my contacts in, which means I had to wear my glasses to church on Sunday, with no make-up, and had a bad hair day on top of it. (I don't care if that sounds vain)
high-girls said on Sunday that I look best in my glasses...bless their hearts.

low-Isaak went to the store for me while he was sick to pick me up some Aloe Vera for my eyes, but when he didn't buy the specific kind I asked for...I was less than, well, appreciative. I suck. Big time.
high-he went back out and surprise bought me an Aloe Vera plant...
high-my hubby totally rocks.

low-Isaak leaves in two days
high-answered prayer that he gets to at least leave now, instead of November.
high-got to have a movie date with him to see POTTER before he left!
low-Potter stunk...so disappointed in the finale.

high-girls have 'Y' camp for four hours this week!
high-four hours of just me time!
low-my four hours of me time cost sixty bucks to get.
high-it was still worth it. :~)
high-them. in general.

high-we forgot Chief was outside and he spent the whole night ourdoors, and it rained! Bah ha!
low-he was extra nice when he came inside which made me feel a little guilty for delighting in his absence.

high-talked to a favorite childhood friend that I've known since I was SEVEN for the first time in years. So so so good to hear Jenny's voice and catch up with her.
high-finding out that another favorite childhood friend, Cory, that I've known since I was seven is pregnant! 'Bout time!!

High and low-Read about a human trafficking bust in China today. Definite high. Children saved. Praise Jesus. But the details were such a low. Wow. I'm still reeling....just sickens me to the core.
high-Holly. She is doing. She's putting her "sickened to the core" into action and fighting for justice anyway that she can.

high-exercised, like REALLY exercised today for the first time in a loooong time without feeling like my heart was going to sky rocket out of my chest!
high-thyroid medication...where have you been my last ten years?!

high-talked to my 86 year old grandma about Jesus for the first time.in.my.life.

high-discovered Mumford & Sons. *sigh*....my musical heart likey.

And I'm gonna end on those two highs...Jesus and music. Two of my favorite things. :~)

2 comments:

Holly said...

that was a fun post!
your makeup!???? I would have CRIED!!!!!!!!!
and then thrown up....

You can have my mary kay discount (50% off) if you want...let me know.

thanks for the shout out...I'm on my way out the door!
I'm nervous...

LOVE THAT YOU EXERCISED AND IT FELT SO GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Mumford & Sons live in my soul, So good it's hard to believe HOW good. Now try Band of Horses! Love you!