Come on in...

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Man Pancake

Isaak has been asking me to make this pancake for him for over a year. But based on the picture of it in the magazine I saw it in, it looked more time consuming than I wanted to put into a pancake.

I was wrong. It was ridiculously easy.

And oooooooh my gosh it was goooooood. A little too good. Musta been all that butter. :~)


So here it is. I call it The Man Pancake. But it's also been called The Dutch Pancake. Or the German Pancake. Or The High Rise Pancake. But I like to call it the Man Pancake because it's so easy a dude can do it. And do it well. There is like no messing this up.

Here's what cha do....

preheat over to 425.

take 3 TBLS. butter and put in a 9in. pie plate. Place in oven until melted. (takes like five minutes)

while butter is melting whisk together in medium size bowl....
2 eggs
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. milk
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch of nutmeg (if ya have some)

once butter is melted take pie plate out of oven and pour in flour mixture. Quickly return to oven.

Bake 18-20 minutes (mine took a bit longer, like 24-25 minutes)
take out and sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.

Ummmm, it was delightful. And the easiest thing I've ever made. This is up there with toast on the easy scale.

Isaak drooled over every bite.

And I may never make regular pancakes again. :~)

3 comments:

Georgia said...

thanks - makin' 'em sunday. might add fruit, maybe put on some syrup. can't wait! love ya.

Jen said...

Love this! Wes is going to fall in love with it and may leave me ;)
Heading to MI at the end of the month and will pass ParkWay and think of you!

Liz W. said...

hmmmm, your's looks awesome. The one I made.... not so much :-(