Come on in...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What is that funkie smell?!

"Ah, gag me, what is that smell?"

The last two times I've gotten in the car this week this absolutely putrid smell has stunned me as I opened the doors. I could almost see the green stank fog (ya know like in cartoons) wafting out of the car blowing up into my face as I opened the doors.

At first I thought it was Isaak's ice skates that he left in there all weekend after wearing them to the rink and skating in them with no socks. Ick.

But to my surprise that wasn't the smell making me gag. They stunk, but something's odor was actually stronger than his funky skates.

I had Isaak look around the car as we leave for Syd's preschool open house tonight. He can't find anything. He wonders if maybe something crawled up and died in the engine compartment of our car. Gosh I hope so, because now that he mentions it it smells like death.

As we're leaving the open house tonight Isaak looks through the car one more time to try and find the culprit...and after a minute I hear,

"could this be it?"

"could what be it?" I ask as I turn around to look at him holding up...

"this old soggy wet pee soaked dirty diaper under the stroller in the back of the van."

Yup. That'll be it.

Crap! When did I leave a wet diaper in the back of the van?! Must have been a while since I can't remember. That was some kind of nasty...

3 comments:

Tera said...

We sooo Had a similar funky smell issue. Our culprit was a half eaten banana, and apple. Our new rule is NO FRESH fruit in the van. Glad you found your culprit!

Georgia said...

thank God he is so patient!!!!

Bekah Boo said...

i about peed my pants.

this killed me.

wow. just wow.
;)