Come on in...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Whip It.

I sat down with Isaak to watch the movie "Whip It" a couple weekends ago, and while I sat there, watching the movie, I saw a face flash across the screen.

I jump in my seat and scream "Whoa! Isaak rewind that!"

I startle him a bit and he asks, "why?"

"Because I just saw Sarah Hipel!"

Me and Sarah were inseparable for our tween and early teen years. Total best buds.



Best buds who were completely different. Sarah was edgy. Loved tattoos and piercings. Even underage she managed to talk artists into inking her up. She loved hard intense music like, well, Korn. Loved to dye her hair jet black, date older boys, and march to the beat of her own drum.

But we did everything together....sleep overs almost every weekend at her house. Boys and Girls Club after school and on the weekends, where Sarah played on a basketball team. I would vacation with her family to Mackinac Island, or their cottage somewhere that I forget. Even after my mom moved us down to Georgia she would come and visit me down there. She vacationed with us in Florida, and flew down for my wedding, which was the last time we saw each other.

And then...up pops her face on Whip It. A derby teammate of Juliette Lewis!

Oh.my.gosh. I nearly peed myself!!!

There saw was in a major motion picture with Ellen Page, Drew Barrymore, Juliette Lewis, and Jimmy Fallon.

So Sarah.

Of all the thousands of derby chics that would have tried out for this movie all over the country, Sarah got a roll in it.

A.MA.ZING!

The whole rest of the movie I screamed a little bit every time I saw her. And if I missed a scene with her in it, Isaak would spot her, rewind it, and point her out to me.

So cool. So so cool friend.



Keep rolling to the beat of that drum of yours..... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you call her to tell her you had seen her?

Missy said...

Of course I told her I saw her! I was like,"how come I didn't know you were a freakin' movie star?!" Chillin' with the likes of Drew Barrymore, ugh! still peeing myself!