Come on in...

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Almost pre-school time...Eek!

We all went to Sydaleigh's open house last night for her preschool. We were in a room with four other classes worth of parents. Each divi'd up into our respective teacher's group. Not one minute into the "lecture" I have to excuse myself with Marvelly because she's being Marvelly. I walk her down the hall to a play room, come back to the class room, maybe two minutes have passed....maybe.

I sit down, ready to give my undivided attention....and... I'm totally lost.

"what the heck is that lady saying" I keep asking myself.

This lady was talking so fast, I had no idea what she was saying, I could barely make out her words, if they were words at all, it sounded more like giberish to me. Never in my life have I heard someone speak so fast, ever.

I had this deer in a head light look. Eye brows raised, eyeballs bulging, head and ear cocked to the side, mouth slightly gaping open. I was not keeping up.

I was half tempted to turn around and ask the other parents if anyone else was having trouble following along, keeping up, understanding....but, uh uh. No way.

I can not be that. Preschool is suppose to be transitional. Easy. I can not be the mom that can't keep up with flippin' preschool! But, dang it...I'm totally gonna be that mom I think!

There is so much to keep track of. Book bags go here, coats go here. Class schedules, class parties, volunteering, permission slips, remembering to swipe your card....swapping out the last center of the day for swim class the last Friday of the month, or was it every other Friday during the month? Payments are due when? How do I order scholastic? How much is the late fee? When do I sign up for extra programs? Car pooling, lunch programs, tee shirts, what shoes to where when....and on and on and on....

and I'm back to the doey sweet faced Bambie caught in the head lights look.

I hope I can do this.

Let me rephrase...I hope I can do this without losing my marbles.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am telling you, by the third week, you both with have it DOWN! It is way easier than you think, your brain is just not in school mode yet!

Georgia said...

just hang in there - sydaleigh will probably be telling you the schedule after day 1. love ya!

Meg said...

youll be fine! Syd will be fine! She is very ready for it! I am just a phone call away....they will send scholastic order forms home with Syd...easy peasy!

Loveless Fam said...

I can't believe Sydaleigh is old enough to go to pre-school, but I guess time does fly! Good luck and you both will love it after the first day!