Come on in...

Friday, April 30, 2010

The weirdest things happen to me.

Weird thing #1.

Yesterday I was at Fontennelle Forest with the girls and needed to take a quick pee pee break. I ushered both girls into the stall with me, quickly did my business, when all of a sudden

...blackness!

Total.blackness!

"HEY!?" I shouted hoping that someone turned the lights off from outside. (??) While hoping that no one was secretly hiding unannounced in the bathroom.

No one answered.

So it's pitch black in there, not even a back up light, or rays of light from the outside room coming in....just black, and I couldn't see jack!!

I'm sitting there, with my draws down around my ankles, the girls are in the handicap stall with me, somewhere, so I start searching for the toilet paper, which is suppose to be right next to me, but can't find it!

Where the heck did the toilet paper go?!

Shoot! Not cool! Not cool!

It's amazing how in such a small space, like a bathroom stall for instance, when the lights are off you suddenly can't find toilet paper that is suppose to be conveniently situated right next to you.

Finally, I find the huge toilet paper dispenser that is mounted to the wall but now I can't get any paper out because it's a fresh roll and all stuck together!

Oh man. It's pitch black in here! Can I get some help please?!! Not that I would really want anyone to help me because I looked totally ridiculous.

I just want the lights to turn back on!

I wiggle my britches back up, blindly search for the hook on the stall door to get us out of there, find it after a few moments, open the door and...

VIOLA!!

Lights on!

What the heck man?!? Now they come on??

Apparently the bathroom has motion sensored lights and after a few moments of inactivity they turn off to conserve power. But dude, in a bathroom?! For real!

That is the wrong place to be havin' the lights spontaneously, without warning, just turn off! Okay?!

Someone could get hurt...or fall in the toilet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird thing #2

We were all playing in the backyard, enjoying family time before dinner when Sydaleigh asked me to swing with her.

She loves to sit on my lap, facing me, as I swing us high into the sky.

So, we're swinging. Enjoying the breeze on our faces. "Weeeeeeing" ourselves up into the air...when all of a sudden, again....

WABAMMM!

Followed by "OUCH!"

Followed by tears.

A massive (at least 15 pounds, no joke) branch had snapped off the top of the tree and planted itself right on my forehead, then skid down my face! It would have knocked me off the swing if I hadn't had my arms wrapped around the ropes.

It took a second to realize what happened, and that I was in pain, until Isaak asked me if the branch landed on me to which I replied...

"YES IT LANDED ON ME!!!! IT LANDED ON MY FACE!!"

He came over and hugged me, as I started to cry, because that hurt really freakin' bad!

I now have a serious case of ugly goin' on. With a growing lump on my forehead, complete with scratches over the bump, scratches down my nose, and scratches on my cheek, filled in with some tree bark for an added bonus. :)

I look like I was mauled by an animal!

Eyeyeyey. Can a girl catch a break please?

(I am thankful that it didn't land on Sydaleigh. She was sitting in my lap and I have no clue how it missed her. Just glad I could take one for the team! I'd rather it be me than her...although I'd rather it not be any of us!)

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Ohhhh!! That did make me laugh, but very sympathetically. I've been in bathrooms with motion-sensored lights before, but usually, they have sensors above the stalls to pick up the fact that people are IN THERE! I'm all for conservation and all that, but geez : P

Beccy said...

C-RAZY!!!!!!

Liz W. said...

I'm SOO sorry....but
HEEE HEEE!! that was too funny!

Unknown said...

Okay, I am laughing, but I am laughing with you, right? The first one was just funny....I have never had that happen to me before and my kids would of been screaming adding to the madness! The second one, I just feel so sorry for you, that sounds horrible! But, I feel ya on the taking one for the team, it would of been way worse for it to hit one of the girls.

D'Ache' said...

So I read and laugh but seriously Ouch!!!! How 'ya doin' now?

Bekah Boo said...

i'm fairly certain it would be impossible for you to be ugly. ever.
just saying.
also, one perk of living overseas is you learn to not ever need toilet paper. its quite amazing.
o friend!
this was all too too funny.
i love you.

and about finding the sites. i don't even know! i just stumble while the boys nap. A Cup of JO has weekly links, SNippet and Ink does too, so does A Holy Experience, actually she does them daily/as they come. I am on those sites a lot and from there I link and then I link from those sites and on and on it goes. It's really an awful addicting cycle! :) hahaha
and yeah..those cupcakes. HOLY YUM!
that shoot he did in the sand flats with the piano. amazing. it reminds me of probably one of my favorite weddings of all time. found here:
http://jillsphotoblog.com/?p=1183