Come on in...

Friday, April 23, 2010

Does anybody hear me?

Some things I say EVERY day....

You're not the most important person in this house.
There are other people in this family besides you.
Stop interrupting me.
Stop yelling.
Use your talking voice even when you're mad.
Follow directions.
Stop throwing a temper-tantrum.
This is not appropriate behavior.
Use good manners.
Try again.
Say it without whining.
Try again.
Use your big girl voice.
Try again.
Say 'no thank you' if you don't like something.
Say please.
Be careful.
Girls, be nice.
Knock it off.
Use kind words.
Say your sorry.
Say I forgive you.

And, repeat over and over and over and over and over...and so on. I say this stuff so much I get sick of hearing myself saying it. I'm praying that one day this endless redundancy will have a positive effect, because I really don't want to be telling them this as adults.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

of course they hear you and the cool part about it is they know your voice...and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.

D'Ache' said...

They hear you believe me they do hear you.....it's just selective hearing.

Bekah said...

o my goodness. THIS is exactly why i feel like a mother!! i say the same things over and over and over in school to the boys. yesh man....