Come on in...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And I'm leaving now.

Like I needed yet another reason to be on unfriendly terms with Walmart!
Yesterday I was in the checkout line-checking out, obviously.
I had the cart nestled right up next to the conveyor belt thingy while he bagged my groceries.
Sydaleigh stood up, and momentarily sat on the edge of the cart to make room while I put the bags inside.
As I'm grabbing the rest of my bags from around that turn table I look up to hear our super friendly cashier saying to Sydaleigh,
"excuse me, Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to sit down because you could fall backwards,
break your head open, and that.would.be.the.end.of.you."

PSSSHHH!!!!

EX.CUSE ME?!?

NUMBER 1- DON'T call my daughter Ma'am...she's FOUR!

NUMBER 2-DON'T talk to my daughter!

NUMBER 3-WHO THE HECK SAYS THAT?!?

5 comments:

Beccy said...

I make comments to my boys like that. They are boys. And they are mine. I don't call them ma'am. :o) I do however still like to shop at Walmart. You will have to keep me posted on your Target sales. Hope you guys had fun last night.

D'Ache' said...

It's one thing for us to something in effect like that to our children but that's the point. They are our children. It is not their place to say something like that to OUR children. Why not the word "miss"?

Unknown said...

Argghhh! That kind of thing makes me so mad! I hate other people talking to my kids and acting like I am not doing my job as their parent. Sounds like you had a typical Kara-moment, I can't believe you weren't at the commissary!

Kris said...

One more reason not to shop there. There is just nothing I need that I can't find elsewhere.

Marcie said...

I agree with the quote "It takes a village to raise a child" but not when the villagers are beasts!