Come on in...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Birthday Ball '10

This years 55th Wing Birthday Ball went off with out a glitch. :)

The girls helped me get ready. They waited ever so patiently in the bathroom watching me do my hair and put on make-up, until the time finally came for them to help me with my dress and shoes. ( Sydaleigh was very worried that I was taking too long in the bathroom and I wouldn't have time to get dressed. She didn't even want to go outside to kill time while I finished up, thinking I was going to get dressed without her. ) Her mind was swirling with delight thinking about her mommy and daddy going to a real ball, just like her princesses. And so I made sure to let her be a part of it in any way that I could. And she was thrilled thinking that I needed her help to get dressed and put my shoes on. :) Ahh, the simple delights of a child.

We sat at a great table, had fun mingling and shmoozing, laughing, eating, everything but dancing. (The event lagged on longer than expected and we had to head home to re-leave the sitter, so no dancing.) But everything else. Isaak had fun this year because so many from his clinic attended. It was a fun night. Nothing major to report, no catastrophes or malfunctions of any kind. Completely uneventful, which I appreciated. :)



Uh-oh! Where'd I go?! Why did I stand in front of the black curtain to take pictures?! My dress blends in completely!





To a great year!

4 comments:

Holly said...

so pretty!!!!!
and I feel like I should say, 'you're welcome!!'

LOVE the dress on you!
your hair was perfect.

the only glitch I see is the lack of me ;-(

D'Ache' said...

And me!

GREAT dress!

Marcie said...

What a handsome couple! Congratulations on the promotion, I know if it wasn't for you and the Lord of course, Isaak would not be where he is today!

Beccy said...

Yay, pictures (and no malfunctions!!!) :o)