Come on in...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter weekend

(whoopsie, I meant to post this 14 days ago! Well, Happy Easter again!)

Easter.
It's truly my favorite day of the year.
I love the reason we celebrate.
I love going to church and looking around at the congregation.
I love watching everyone worship and give praise to our risen King.
I love celebrating with everyone the magnitude of His sacrifice.
It's overwhelming.
It always leaves me in tears.

This year was the first year since we've been in Omaha that we haven't gathered together among familiar friends and potlucked it up. This year we decided to stay home and invite a bunch of single people over from Isaak's work. We were busting at the seams in our little home but somehow there was room for everyone. The kids had a ball 'finding' Easter eggs in the back yard.

Isaak had a great time connecting on a more personal level with some guys from work.


And even among the busyness I was able to steal some quiet moments to reflect and take in the grandeur of the day.

We also made Easter egg rice krispie treats, that turned out, well, loaded with sprinkles and covered in chocolate that Marvelly pre-tasted.


took Marvelly to the Easter egg hunt at the base lake (while Sydaleigh went to figure skating lessons)


delivered cupcake plates for our neighbors with a cute little Easter card


dyed eggs, which was a first for the girls.


and then hunted for their hidden baskets Easter morning





These are the girls new dresses. And all I have to say is thank goodness they have a Daddy because if it was up to me they would have worn their Christmas dresses but Isaak was insistent of new, puffy, beautiful ones. I remember being in the store (yes Target) and hearing Isaak down the aisle going, "Sydaleigh, which one do you like, this one, or this one. Marvelly, which one do you like, this one, or this one." (He held up every.single.dress in the store asking them this).
Gotta love a daddy who loves to buy pretty things. :)

5 comments:

Georgia said...

and beautiful they are! Happy Easter again, too!!!
love ya,
mom

Tera said...

I am so HAPPY someone else JUST posted their Easter outfits too! I love the girls dresses they are beautiful. this year we had to brave TJMaxx for dresses that were matchy matchy in all the sizes we needed. How wonderful the girls have a daddy to spoil them! And even better they have a mommy who teaches them everyday how important our Savior is, and how awesome it feels to serve others. You are truly an inspiration to me and I miss you a ton LADY!! Keep the posts coming I love them! HAPPY SPRING!

Rachael said...

Awww :) Yeah, you definitely do have to love a dad that lets his girls know how beautiful they are :)

D'Ache' said...

They are beautiful dresses....and they look cute in them too. :)

Bekah said...

o goodness!!! i have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many comments for this post! :)

1) being single, the gift you gave these guys is amazing, missy! for real. it is so good to be invited into a family celebration on days like this. it just is a gift. thank you for ministering like that. what an example you guys are giving the girls.

2) any of those boys pale skinned and yellow eyed for me?!?! ;)

3) the photo of marvelly licking the spoon. ahahhahahahahaa

4) i love that you give gifts to your neighbors. again, what a ministry of love

5) Sydaleigh looks SO grown up in that photo on the sofa. wow. wow. uh....can she really be getting older?!?!

6) i still treasure the dresses and pretty things my dad gets me. those girls are gonna grow knowing their daddy adores them. way to go, Isaak!! best investment into their little lives.

7) holy hot, mis! for real...the dress the boots. you are lovely.