Come on in...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sydaleigh's 3

Our pre-birthday dinner celebration last night.
Sydaleigh had a three year old sundae that was more than she could eat, but she gave it a good effort



And today we had a little party at the house.

I made this Ariel cake for Sydaleigh last night.
My "personal cake maker" had to tend to a little sickling and wasn't able to make a cake for me this year so I thought I'd give it a go. This is what I came up with in one day. It's no "Holly" but I worked with what I had and Sydaleigh loved it. That's all that mattered. She saw her cake this morning and I thought her eyes were gonna bug out of her head. This has definitely been the year of Ariel. She got fixated on her when she turned two and loves her even more as a three year old.

She had all her favorite friends over to play, eat Happy Meals, open presents, play kazoos, and eat cake and ice cream.






THIS is the present we have been waiting months to give to Sydaleigh. Every time we step into Target Sydaleigh begs to go visit Buzz Light Year-she pushes all his buttons, talks to him, waves goodbye when I force her to go down another aisle. I was just as excited to give her this as she was surprised to get it.


But there was one more special gift that we waited to give to Sydaleigh until after her friends went home, to open up with just her family...and that was a.......

Prince Eric doll!
(yes, I was very excited about this too. I went into my fav thrift store this weekend and saw him sitting behind the counter. I couldn't believe it. This Prince Eric doll came out the year
The Little Mermaid was released, still in the original box, barely used, perfect for a three year old who is completely fixated on all things Little Mermaid right now.)

in her pretty new birthday dress



pictures with our birthday girl





No comments: