Come on in...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's that feeling?

A full belly.
It feels good.

To say that I have been slack in the cooking department since Isaak left would be right on the money. Sorry, but the motivation just isn't there to whip up a feast of any kind for one and a half people (me being the one and Sydaleigh being the half). So, we've been enjoying, far too frequently, macaroni and cheese. It is Sydaleigh's request for dinner every night; she's hooked on the stuff right now, even when it turns out really bad (I know, how can macaroni turn out really bad, it's a two step process, boil water, add noodles, the end!).

But dinner time is by far my most difficult part of the day with Isaak being gone. No one to entertain the kiddos while I'm in the kitchen trying to make food for the kiddos. There's lots of screaming (Marvelly), lots of "can I help, can I help? (Sydaleigh) which equates to a very long process of finally only having time for macaroni and cheese (which did I mention still turns out bad because I'm so preoccupied I lose track of time and end up over cooking the noodles which makes them inevitably turn to mush). I have managed to cook more than just macaroni in the weeks that Isaak has been away, but they rank up there on the "easy" scale right next to macaroni. It's just too hard to invest more than ten minutes on a meal right now.

But God bless good friends (Holly) who has graciously helped in the dinner department two times for me this week. Bless you! I love brain food. Anything non macaroni is considered brain food these days. And brain food equates to anything that makes your brain start moving fast enough again to keep up with the kiddos who strangely have just as much energy eating the macaroni that is slowing you down.

When Isaak gets home I am boycotting macaroni for a least a month. (a girl can dream right?) :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

no prob bob.
I only wish I would have planned better and not been sick and ....
so I could have brought you more food more often!