Come on in...

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Careful what you ask for!

Was it yesterday that I was complaining because we hadn't gotten any snow yet?
Oh yeah, I think it was.
Well, I didn't have to wait very long did I?
A whole storm of snow blew in this morning just for me.
This morning.
The one day this week that I have to run errands.
And it snows.
And snows.
And snows.
Now don't get the wrong impression,
I am happy that it snowed.
However, I am not happy that I had to drive in it.
(ha ha, never satisfied!)
It's always a wee bit scary when it's the first "drive in the snow" of the season.
I always need a couple buffer days of driving in the snow to get reacquainted with the
whole driving in the snow thing.
Otherwise it's just scary.
I can see it in the other driver's faces when I pass their cars-they're thinking,
"I'd be safer driving into that ditch than driving next to her!"
And off they go, into a ditch.
(okay not really)
So I got everything I could possibly think of in the hour and a half I was out so that I do not have to go back out in it tomorrow.
And I don't have to worry about this snow going anywhere.
It's only getting up to 15 degrees today so it should be sticking around for a while.
And now we can just concentrate on making snowmen,
rather than praying I don't slide into the car next to me while trying to make a left turn going up a hill.

No comments: