Come on in...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Please stop giving me heart attacks!"

I put Marvelly down in Sydaleigh's room to play.
I step into the bathroom for ONE minute to wash a sippy cup.
I return to Sydaleigh's room.
I see these hot pink speckles in the carpet next to Marvelly.
"What in the world is that?" I ask myself.
I lean in for a closer inspection.
There is a trail leading to Marvelly.
"This can't be good."
Marvelly is laying on her tummy so I roll her over.
"BLAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
"OH MY GOSH"
"What is on your face?!!!!!!"
Her mouth and face are COVERED in some kind of hot pink something.
It looked like she was foaming at the mouth with Pepto Bismol.
I race her to the bathroom.
I scoop her mouth out to find she was eating a hot pink tablet of PAINT!
PAINT!!!!!!!!!
"Where did you get paint child?!"
I throw the tablet of paint in the garbage.
I wash her face.
I wash her mouth out.
I freak out a little bit.
She was eating paint!
"She's going to be poisoned!" is all I was thinking.
So I call Poison Control.
Thank goodness. Poison Control said water color tablets are non toxic.
Whew.
ONE MINUTE.
That's all I was gone for.
One minute.
And she managed to find and eat a paint tablet.
A-mazing.
The girl's not even crawling yet.
I can't imagine the heart attacks I'm in for with her when she starts.

3 comments:

Holly said...

excuse me for a minute while I giggle that you actually called Poision control......
ok, I'm composed now.
Really, it was smart but it also just shows that you need your husband back - right!?

Missy said...

I was frantic. I should have just called you. With Sofia (Nora?) eating Lysol, you would have laughed and rolled your eyes to water paint.

Steve and Alie said...

Okay, so I know it wasn't funny at the time, but honestly, your re-telling of the story had me laughing out loud. You are hilarious! I'm so glad she's okay and it wasn't poisonous! :) Love you... miss you...