Come on in...

Sunday, February 1, 2009

'This whole thing' is starting to wear on my nerves

And by 'this whole thing'-I'm referring to this whole 'pooping thing'.

We were doing so good. So good in fact I thought we had made it.
Thought we were done in the potty training department.
Yeah, I was wrong.
It's like she woke up one morning after a week of success and thought to herself,
"Oh my gosh! My Mom has convinced me to poop on the potty!" "Pshhh, forget thaaaat!"
And we're back to square one again.
Except this time there are very defiant "No's!" being yelled at me.
At least when we started this whole process and hit roadblocks I could chalk it up to her being confused.
Well, can't chalk it up to that now.
Girl is not confused.
She is straight up defiantly refusing to go or even try.
And it is wearing
on
my
last
nerve.

I was chatting it up with God tonight, asking Him to grace me with whatever it is that He's got for Him to maintain His gentle, loving, kindness when we are being straight up defiant to Him.
Oye.
This is not easy.
I'm struggling being nice when all I hear is...
"NO."
"I. DON'T. WANT. TO."
"NO."
"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ohhhhh my nerves.

I know I can't control her ability to "get" this, so I am trying to control my reaction.
It's not always graceful.
I actually stomped my foot at her during one of her defiant outbursts.
Who's the mature adult?
Oh yeah, that's suppose to be me.

Thank goodness we all get a fresh start tomorrow.
I'm praying I make it through all 'this' with a bit more grace than I showed tonight.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You with the pooping and me with the sleeping...I am so not looking forward to dealing with the potty!