Come on in...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sydaleigh's 1st (real) haircut

I had an appointment yesterday to take Sydaleigh to this fabulous little girl salon, Sweet and Sassy, to get a hair cut with some of her girlfriends.

She was in need of a professional hair cut.
I've tried to trim it myself, which never turns out good-it always ends us a bit lopsided.
And it's just gotten to the point where it is incredibly hard to manage (the static does not help).

It was suppose to be a girl affair, and when I called Isaak to inform him of what we were doing at lunch time I hear him say on the other end of the phone...

"I'll meet you there." in his very deep serious manly voice.

Seriously, what is it with guys and hair? I still don't get it.

Needless to say, the man is downright protective of his girls hair. (it's sweet and funny and annoying all at the same time).

Bless his heart.

It gets to be Sydaleigh's turn and as she sits down the hair dresser asks how short we would like her hair....ha ha ha....

Isaak wouldn't budge more than two inches.
Two inches!
He actually stood next to the poor lady the whole time she was cutting Sydaleigh's hair
just watching her....
keeping a close eye.... don't even know on what...
but he was there....
inspecting...
...the. whole. time.

ahhh, makes me laugh.

bless his heart.




there he is-watching away


The final product.
(you can barely tell her hair is shorter-which suits Isaak just fine)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

o man...i love your blogging. seriously, you should be like a writer on tv shows. you kill me, missy!!! and isaak is so funny with the hair...his face is so concerned in that one photo!! to cute! :)

Tera said...

Okay I am only saying this to help you brace Isaak for when it happens. It is always just a matter of time before little girls decide to cut their hair. The only thing I can say is pray she cuts it like Emily did, NOT my niece. Emily cut like Mulan pulled away and at the bottom. My niece next to her scalp in the front not able to cover it had to have a boy hair cut. Needless to say she likes her hair cut short still 6 years later. Great post!