Come on in...

Friday, February 27, 2009

Marvelly's 1st birthday celebration

I hardly have words to describe how I feel about Marvelly turning 1.
(and every other sequential birthday she'll see)
It seems to have snuck up on me.
Not sure how it snuck up on me, but these things always seem to happen.
I blink-and POOF! A years gone by and as cliche as it sounds it really does feel like yesterday that she was born.
Time doesn't make any sense once you have kids.
It's like your brain is living in some parallel universe and even though you're right there-living with them day in and day out-you're somehow always stuck in the past a bit. Always looking upon them with disbelief that they're growing and changing.
You should get it-people grow and change, but it always catches me by surprise.
My girls catch me by surprise daily.
I don't think that's something that will ever change.
So, that said, here are some pictures of my baby turning 1.

we started off the day with a little hair cut
(her mullet had to go)


and then off to the zoo (it was 60 degrees!)








birthday night


she had her first taste of cake-I think she liked it....

so much so it made it all the way down to her toes, somehow.



Sydaleigh very proud of the present she picked out for Marvelly,
and very excited for her to open it


she lent her big sister talent at tearing apart the wrappings, was kind
enough to let her take a picture with it, and then quickly stole it away
to play with it. (Marvelly hasn't seen it since)


her 'celebration gathering' the following evening
(I figured if I didn't call it a "party" people wouldn't bring gifts-yeah, that didn't happen)
Marvelly's pretty cakes (thanks Holly!)


birthday girl!
(she thought the candle fire was very interesting-so much so she decided to touch
it, but only once)










And that's that. She's 1. (sigh)



1 comment:

Kris said...

Sorry we couldn't make it to the celebration, it looked like good fun. Elle had volleyball and I wasn't 100% sure that I wasn't coming down with something. Did not want to share it with anyone.