Come on in...

Monday, August 11, 2008

Quietness

Ah, I love that tonight everybody is in bed on time.
No screaming or tantrums. Just nice and easy.
Which means I am left to enjoy the quiet.
To sit and listen-
to my thoughts...
to the crickets outside...
to the Lord...
to the anything and everything that is peaceful.
I get to sit and enjoy my last piece of poppy seed bread that Tera made before she left.
I purposely saved it until after she moved so that I could enjoy it on a night like tonight.
I get to sit and reminisce.
I get to sit and ravel in what the Lord is doing all around me. It's spectacular.
I get to sit on the couch and watch the Olympics with my hubby.
I haven't had such a peaceful night like this in a while, so I am appreciating it and taking advantage of it in all the simple ways that I can.

1 comment:

Tera said...

I am glad you are enjoying your time, even if it is without me. I am sitting in my new bedroom, minus furniture, since we won't get any of that until next week. (Don't ask just know I am annoyed) I miss my stuff, I miss my friends, and I miss poppy seed bread. Thank you for posting so often it makes me feel like I don't miss so much. I'll try to call SOON!!