Come on in...

Friday, August 8, 2008

The military life

I learned to deal with the deployments, the moves, the bases, long hours, the uncertainty, the this and the that, that goes into being in the military. But one thing I have never had to deal with until today, is the being left, by others who are moving. Its always been our luck that wherever we go, we always seem to be the first of our group of friends to leave. It's easier being the 'leaver'. I found out today it's not see easy being the 'leftie'. I had to say goodbye to Tera today. It was by far the quickest goodbye I've ever said in my life or else I would have stood there balling for twenty minutes. I'm gonna miss her. I'm gonna miss her family. I'm gonna thank the Lord daily for moving her in next door to me, even if it was only for a year. It was a really great year.

3 comments:

Tera said...

We are going to miss ya'll too!! We are so thankful for everything you have done for our family, and for the great going away gifts. You can call and visit anytime!! I'll be around. Visit soon!

Missy said...

Me and Brindee are already planning a trip!

Tera said...

Bring it on girls!! I miss you guys already, we are hanging solo this Sunday afternoon and I can't help but think of you guys.