Come on in...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I do because I love

I am a vegetarian-have been for the past 16 years.
I am also the lone ranger in my family when it comes to this way of life.
Isaak loves his meat.
And since I am married to a meatetarian it is also a part of my life that I have to cook him the meat he loves so much.
I really don't have a problem with this.
I actually don't mind on the whole cooking meat dishes for him.
I gag every now and then but for the most part I'm pretty used to it.
I've even gotten really crafty at cooking and handling the meat without ever having to touch it.
How?
I cut the package open with a knife and use a fork knife combo to scoop the chicken or ground turkey out of the package onto wherever it is I need it to go.
I've got mad skills.
But today, for dinner, I decided to make swedish meatballs.
Why?
Because my husband really liked the ones my aunt made when we were up in Michigan and I was going to make them for him again, because he liked them so much. ( I'm so nice)
I am like SOOOOO nice.
I actually had to touch the meat today.
A fact that didn't occur to me until after I decided on this recipe and it was too late to make something else.
Ick, the meat got all over my hands and up under my fingernails-it was terrible!
It took probably five washes with heavy duty scrubbing to get the ick off of me.
I mean the sacrifice I make for my family to put food on the table.
I am such a good wife.

3 comments:

joann said...

SUCH a good wife!!!

you know- you need a pampered chef scoop, they are like mini- ice cream scoops (they have different sizes) and you could use that to make your meat balls, and then that way you would not have to touch the meat! but you would still be a good wife. I use mine for cookie dough too, easy and fast! (if you want one let me know, I think I may be doing a party in the next couple months)

Missy said...

Huh, an ice cream scoop, what a good idea! I never would have thought of that. I definitely using that next time. :)

The Toronto Family said...

a regular ice cream scoop might be to big (unless you like them really big) these scoops range from 1-4 TB