Come on in...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peace flows like a river

Well, took Sydaleigh in to the doctor today for her follow up appointment since acquiring another UTI over a week ago.
Her third UTI in less than a year.
I knew what they were going to tell me.
But this time I was a lot more open to hearing it.
We will be sending Sydaleigh for additional testing to make sure that there are no defects within her kidneys or bladder.
I was so opposed to this the first time they mentioned it, but now, I'm at peace.
It needs to be done, for safety and for peace of mind.
It will be a traumatizing day for her no doubt, as she is only two.
But as upset as she will be in the moment, what's great about kids is they have a super quick rebound of emotions, and she will forget and move on.
It's not easy making hard decisions as a parent, especially when your child's health is the cause. But I am putting my assurance and reassurance in the Lord, knowing his peace will flow like a river over me and Sydaleigh.
Don't have an appointment yet, that will come in the next week.
Will keep you posted.
And prayers are always welcome!!