Come on in...

Friday, August 1, 2008

I feel old

I'm the type of person where I don't think I'll ever really feel my age. I'm 26, but I still feel 16 some days. And when I'm 30, 40, 50, 80, I have a feeling the same will be true. I know '16' was over 10 years ago, but it doesn't seem like 10 years ago. It's gone by fast. Now, I'm not saying I want to be 16 again ( lord knows I wouldn't go back if you paid me!), but just the youth of the time period is something that I think stays with many people.

But then I woke up this morning-and my body felt as though it had been run over by a semi truck. And not only do I not feel 16, but more along the lines of 60. And it's days like this that remind me I am indeed getting older whether my mind feels like it or not.

It's weird. My grandparents are in their 80's and I look at them and wonder whether they still feel youthful on the inside, even though the body I see looks old. My mom is in her 50's and she tells me she doesn't feel 50, even though she is. She sees gray in her hair and can't believe she's old enough to even have gray hair.

It's easy to lose track of time. Whoever said life is slow and long was way wrong...life is short and goes by fast.

( This is what happens when I get sick- I get really analytical and think about everything.)
I just need to get better already so that I can at least feel 26 again, which will definitely beat feeling 60.

No comments: