Come on in...

Monday, July 28, 2008

Welcome home us

Our trip up north to Michigan was fantastic (despite getting sick on the way home and dropping a ten pound crock pot on my foot at my aunt's house) but other than that we had such a good time, girls included.
It was a long drive (14+ hours) but the girls actually handled it well, I was so impressed.
I haven't seen my Grandparents in a while, and they are getting up there in age (80+years),
so it was so sweet to be able to see them, but even more so to have my girls see them.
And take pictures with them.
And sit with them.
And play with them.
It's not likely that Sydaleigh and Marvelly will remember these moments when they grow older, but to be able to witness the joys on everyone's faces, well, I can't even put it into words. There are no words to describe how happy I was to see them together.
We really didn't do too much aside from visit, which was fine. It was just a great time of visiting, and laughing, and hanging out. No fights, no drama, no hurt feelings, no wishing I did, or wishing I didn't. A few tantrums on Sydaleigh's part, but she was always quick to recover.
It was a four days to remember.....

( I was in the back seat and Marvi just thought that was so cool!)







Sydaleigh playing tea party with her great grandparents. Awesome.



Marvi with her great grandparents, and Sydaleigh with her Grandpa Gary (b/c he's too cool to just be called grandpa)


me and Cory ( have been friends since the first grade), and me and my dad.



Lake Huran. Grew up playing and swimming here at this beach.



us with my younger bro and his wife Bekah, they are the best.




Syd was playing catch with a tomato with her great grandma.




scoping out some baby birds that just hatched.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was just looking through these pictures, and I wish I would have known you were here... we live right down the road from Mussell Beach! Well, it looks like you had a good time :)