Come on in...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

my sad tale

It was one of 'those' days around here today.
The kind where you just want to bury your head under the covers and go to a far away happy place kind of day.
And in all honesty, it really wasn't the girls, they were pretty well behaved, minimal discipline, minimal tantrums, mostly pleasant.
It was me.
I just couldn't seem to pull it together.
I'm still sick-though better than yesterday.
The head isn't throbbing, but the throat is still raw, super congested-but whatever, ya deal, ya press on, because you have to-the kids aren't gonna take care of themselves, the house still needs its cleaner.
So in my attempt to get out of the house this morning and escape to the Learning Center, Sydaleigh decides that she would rather play, all morning in her bedroom ( which normally I would LOVE) but right now I am trying to get her dressed so we can leave, and now she wants to play. (so she doesn't have to get dressed)
And she was playing so-o-o-o good, in her room, independently, until she sees me trying to sneak downstairs so I can take advantage of her wonderful independent playing- then she's all,
" I want to come too!"
Fine.
We never made it to the Learning Center.
Then right as I was sitting down to eat lunch ( both girls are finally napping-aka 'me' time) Isaak calls.
Then Marvelly wakes us crying.
Won't go back to sleep.
Then Sydaleigh wakes us.
No break today.
Most days this wouldn't even bother me, whatever, it happens. And it doesn't happen too often round here.
But of course it did today.
When I really needed a break.
To rest my voice.
Well just rest period.
Both girls are happy and wanting to play-which means I also have to make happy and play.
Isaak finally comes home and is making a tuna sandwich when I thought (total brain fart) it would be a good idea to tell Sydaleigh that tuna is good and she should try a piece.
Did I mention the girls were being really good today?
So of course Sydaleigh is all like, "Okay!", rather than, "No way!".
She she puts it in, and out everything comes, that she just ate, onto the floor, that I just cleaned.
Isaak laughed.
And normally this isn't a big deal.
Today it was.
So I went and cried for a minute.
You know how your mom always said, "don't cry over spilled milk"
well, today everything was spilled milk.
It was a spilled milk kind of day for me.
Hoping tomorrow it won't be.

1 comment:

The Toronto Family said...

have I ever said how much I love your blog? I love that you are real, yesterday was one of "those" days for me too! If you want to go to the learning center friday I'm planning on going. I also took my blog private and I need to get your email so I can invite you. HAVE A BETTER DAY!!!!