Come on in...

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Still can't believe it!!!



Taddaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Last night I bought this. I bought THIS!!!!!!! A Pentax K200D. I'm like giddy all over, I can't even believe it. Isaak has been trying to convince me forever to truly make the jump to digital and buy a nice DSLR camera. I have been so reluctant for so many reasons...most importantly I was trained in a darkroom with wet film and that's what I love. I've studied digital but to me, it hasn't even come close to comparing to a traditional SLR and the darkroom experience. Not to mention the fact that nice DSLR's are expensive...and we all know how cheap I am. But, I've slowly been coming around, especially since SLR's, darkrooms, chemicals, ect. are all becoming obsolete. Ughhhh.
I've been doing research for a while, with Isaak's help. I've been reading reviews, comparing all different models of cameras, going over specifications, and finally narrowed it down to two, the Nikon D40 or the Niko D60. Couldn't make up my mind, had no peace really about either one of them, even though I narrowed it down to them...and then Isaak started researching the Pentax in comparison with the rest. Oh my gosh, it's amazing!!! Instant peace ( and that is rare when I'm thinking of making a big purchase,) AND I found one on sale brand new through Amazon, AND the best part is that it is compatible with all my existing lenses for my old SLR Pentax. SWEEEEEET! Getting a great DSLR and getting to continue to make use of my current lenses and filters, I have the best of both worlds! I am so stoked!!
This camera is the bomb- it was a total God thing how everything came together.
Awesome awesome awesome.

1 comment:

Tera said...

PROOF!!! God wants you to post way more pictures for friends that may or may not be moving away!! I need to see Marvy's smile with a good lense and DSLR!! I am so excited for you. Keep the posts and pictures coming we LOVE THEM!