Come on in...

Monday, July 21, 2008

Total denial

I have this tendency (not a new thing, did this with Sydaleigh) to look at my kids and see them as these teeny weeny little bits of nothing. Completely oblivious to the fact that they are in fact growing babies. I mean, I just look at Marvelly and am in awe of how itty bitty she is. Some days I actually sit and ponder about whether she is getting enough to eat. (it's true). And then I come across pictures like this that slap me back to reality. Now that's no small baby! Her belly is ready to burst, and check out those legs, it's just roll after roll after roll. Where did that come from! Just yesterday she was being born- that was yesterday right????! My gosh, sometimes it feels like this happens overnight. And by "this" I mean they aren't the teeny weeny little bits of nothing you brought home from the hospital anymore. They're big. And round. And growing by the second. And the list goes on and on and on and on....... Sometimes I like to look at them and hallucinate that they are still as small as the day they were born. It goes by too fast some days.

No comments: