Come on in...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My girl and our quirks

I have this little quirk.

I like to wait to eat my dessert/snack/late night treat until the movie or show I'm sitting down to watch is starting.

I can't eat it during previews.

I can't even eat it during the opening credits.

I wait until the show begins.....(I don't know why, just something weird about me that I blame on my mom, because she does the same thing.)

And, so does Sydaleigh. Every night after dinner she takes her cookie to the couch, holds it in her hand, or rests it on the arm, and waits to eat it until the movie starts.

She won't nibble on it, or pick at it. She just waits. Waits to eat her treat. Even if she devours it in the first 30 seconds of the movie, she still waits to enjoy it until then. Just like me. And just like my mom.

What an odd little quirk to pass down. And something randomly special that we all do. :~)

1 comment:

D'Ache' said...

That's funny. Aiden has "inherited" my picking food apart before eating it. Like reese's peanut butter cups; I eat all the chocolate off first before I eat the peanut butter....Aiden does the same thing. :)