Come on in...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weird combos right now

This weekend was just an odd mixture.

An odd mixture of weather.
It was drastically uncomfortably hot weather one day. So hot and humid (and I'm a humid kinda gal) that I couldn't even be next to my girls outside, it was all too close, too hot, and too sticky.

Followed by so incredibly cold, like 40 degrees colder in 24 hours, that we were putting on the socks, the coats, and the heater. The stinky heater that should not have to come on until November had to be cranked on.

It was an odd mixture of busy and 'do nothing'.
Saturday was slooooow. Slow from the rain and the clouds and the cold. We stayed inside most of the day, only going out once to pick up a Barbie coloring book and some gum. The rest of the time was spent indoors, getting reacquainted with our construction paper and glue.

Mixed with the hecticness of Friday and Sunday. School, errands, photo session, meetings, running back and forth, catching quick moments here and there to breath.

I guess, writing it all down...this weekend doesn't sound that much different than any other weekend. The weather isn't usually this extreme, but it's Nebraska, you'd think I'd be used to the inconsistency by now. And I guess today only seems so hectic because it's a Sunday. I don't usually plan stuff on Sundays so that I can rest and regroup for the week. So, having 'must-do's' today is kinda throwing my weekend off.

It's been great. I'm not trying to say that it hasn't been. The crumby weather I could do without, but everything else has been fine. This has been a really great weekend actually. I'm just momentarily tired I guess. Feeling super blessed, but feeling tired inside too.

Weird combos.

1 comment:

Beccy said...

constant weather here. 100's and STICKY!!!!! gonna love fall in NE.