Come on in...

Friday, June 20, 2008

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me???!!!!
I'm sitting here, eating my lunch, watching FOX news and a story pops up about a group of girls in Gloucester, MA, at a local high school, who actually made a pact to get pregnant together.
WHAT!
Um, yeah, 18 girls at this school got pregnant this year because they made pact to get pregnant by any means possible in order to raise their kids together.
For crying out loud...this is why I'm scared to send Sydaleigh and Marvelly to school ( I know high school is a long ways away but you see my point).
And, not a single parent of any one of these girls has come forward to speak with the school in an effort to get answers...so either they are embarrassed, or totally okay with it.
I'm just so confused as to why-why, why, why, babies want to have babies.
They have no clue how hard, and demanding, and utterly life-changing it is to have a child.
Did they not get enough love and affection at home??
Did they get the wrong kind of love and affection at home??
Was it peer-pressure?
Did their minds get taken over by aliens? I mean come on!!!!
This is just one of the craziest most nonsense stories I've heard in a long time.
I have two girls, who may still be babies, but won't be forever, and this just makes my heart so sad.
This isn't how it's suppose to be.

1 comment:

The Toronto Family said...

OH - MY GOODNESS!!!!! that is... just... I have no words .... you have it right...