Come on in...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Oh Target my Target.

I was going to run into Target real quick-just to pick up a box to mail out some books.
I'm thinking $2.00 tops.
Yeah, that so didn't happen.
$200.00 later I came out with batteries, an end table, and an armoire for our bedroom.
Yup. It happened again.

Clearance! It was all on clearance!
Did I need it?
Well, need is such a funny word...technically, no, we did not. But did I mention it was all on clearance???
Like 50-75% off clearance!
And they were the last ones, so somebody else would have bought them if I didn't.

In all fairness, I don't have side tables for next to the couch, so that will really come in handy.
And as far as the armoire is concerned...I really wanted (not saying needed) to replace that $10 dresser Isaak has been using since we practically first got married-our t.v. sits on top of it, and the tivo, dvd player, and mound of cords all hang out on the floor, next to the dresser-not very child friendly.

So it's good that I bought it. ( this is me trying to justify)

I'm thinking I need to stay out of Target for a while.
I'm like a magnet for clearance merchandise-it just finds me somehow!

"Hi, my name is Melissa, and yes, I am a clearance addict."

2 comments:

Holly said...

we should start a support group!

The Toronto Family said...

me too! I ran into gordmands the other day to get something for will, and I found the cutest pair of shoes only 9.75 on clearance! you can't pass that up and they are so cute too! I know what you mean! But you can't ashamed it is a gift, think of all those sad people who paid full price! justify away my friend!