Come on in...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Cheerio! Brooke is going British!

It was a girl's night last Friday. A girl's night to celebrate our Brooke and send her off to England with a heart full of laughs and love and sweet memories of her time here. And, in our usual fashion, her final shindig turned out to be a gut bustin', peein' in the pants, knee slappin' laughing so hard ya can't breathe kinda night....ya know...the usual when we get together. :~)
We started the night by heading over to Shops of Legacy to get pampered.
(this salon was huge. I've never been in one this big...those chairs wrapped around the entire stinkin' place. )

Followed by dinner at Roja's.
 
Cheers!!
Uh-oh...ladies getting their happy faces on..... :~)


I got Brooke some absolutely essential reading material for her long flight over the pond....I will make a Hunger Games fan out of every.last.person I know! With a custom bookmark covered in all our faces to make it impossible to forget us. And some British notecards I assembled with lots of British sayings for her to start practicing...like, "Bob's your uncle" "I'll put the kettle on" "Gobsmacked" "full of beans" "Cheerio!" " Keep calm and carry on" "cheeky bugger" and "keep your pecker up".
Fried cactus.
A perfectly placed faux fascinator that I expect to see Brooke sporting next time. Texas doesn't do small so I expect to see you in a big ole gaudy mammoth sized one...mkay?!

 
Geesh we have fun together....
 This is Poncho. 
I thought he was looking a little lonely all alone up there on the wall so we made friends with him. 
Aaaaand...then we got a little too friendly and ole Poncho boy was feelin' a little violated  :~)

To a fun filled night and even more fun friends. England's not gonna know what hit 'em when this Yankee gets to town! Seriously, it would take Brooke's southern self going to England to ever be called a Yankee! This girl makes me laugh harder than probably any other friend. She has more accents than I've ever heard come out of one person, and they are always spot in, which makes it even more hilarious. Her stories and delivery and expressions make me buckle over with laughter every time. Oh, how I am going to miss laughing with my friend. So many great memories and time spent together. She is genuine, authentic, compassionate, and giving, she loves the Lord, is fiercely funny, makes some killer cupcakes, loyal as all get out, as Southern as they come, down to earth...I could go on and on. So so so blessed that our paths crossed during our time here and that I have the pleasure to call her friend. I can not wait to see where the Lord takes her on this new adventure....but I bet Tripp will be sportin' a British accent when it's done and over with! And just remember, no matter what happens...."Keep your pecker up girl!"

random memories from this gut busting laughing so hard I was hyperventilating night......

King Henry VIII
cotton balls and tweezers *still cringing*
Fifty dolla bills *eww*
sweat shop
fascinators
"bicycle is just askin' for a yeast infection"
butt butter
socks and Ambien
Brooke's hilarious plethora of accents
Poncho
"Keep your Pecker Up!"
toilet paper balls
Brad Paisley's wife....what's her name again??
chaffing
nipples and band-aids
sharts on rugs

ahhhh....there is never any tellin' what the conversations with us will hold with us.....so so hilarious...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh it was SO fun~ and so special! Thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful night! I have been so busy packing and taking care of the "old" house, whoa, that's weird to say! Sorry we didn't get around to playing! Life has been INSANE this week!!! I will miss the amazing friendships I have made. Love you!!!!