Come on in...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Only day five and already....

......the car is broke. The AC went caput tonight.

One of the last things Isaak said to me before he left was....

"and don't worry about the car. It's in great shape, shouldn't have any problems."

Mmmmm hmmmmm.

Right.

That's like sayin' in a room full of kids, "hey look, nobody's fighting or crying!"

And then before you can finish pronouncing the 'ing...one kids got another in a headlock and the rest of 'em are just crying for no reason.

"shouldn't have any problems...." 

Right. Sayin' something like that is just begging for the car to break.

Which....it did. Because Isaak is gone. And that's the only reason the car needs to spontaneously act up. Like it was just waiting to fizzle out until he left. Just like I'm sure at any moment I turn on the kitchen faucet water is going to squirt out at me like Old Faithful. Just.because.

Oye.

Dang car.

Isaak, bless his heart, actually tried to tell me how to fix it.

I know how to do all of one thing in a car to keep it functioning. Fill it with gas. So when Isaak actually tried to tell me how to fix it, "just buy this, open the hood, plug it in in this spot under the hood, and then do this and this......"

all I heard was...."wha wha whaaaaa, wha wha whaaaaaa."

I'm sorry babe, you lost me at "open the hood."

I know gas. And that is all.

And since it's still summer, and hot, and humid, and I don't particularly feel like drying the kids up like prunes in the back seat....I better get at getting this fixed. If only I were a dude. Or...a girl dude who knew more about cars than just where to put the gas. That would be so much more convenient right about now.

What would be even more convenient is if my car would quit with the identity crisis thing it's got goin' on and stop trying to turn itself into a sauna.

I see a long wait at the mechanic in my near future....

1 comment:

Georgia said...

yep, sounds about right. love ya!