Come on in...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can you take the heat???

"Oooopsie."

And...

"Oooohh crap" are the only two things that I could say for what I did, unknowingly, today.

Apparently....I forgot to unplug the iron.

Somehow....the iron fell from its upright position and my old as dirt laptop broke its fall.

Thankfully.....that beast of a machine still actually works!

Normally, I would say that searing hot irons and plastic do not mix well. But, apparently Apples have some freaky ability to withstand getting burned, warped, and melted shut.


That poor old laptop of mine....she's still truckin', after all these years. I don't use her much anymore, not after her battery stopped holdin' a charge, then a piece of the plug charger somehow broke off inside, so it only stays on if you wiggle the plug juuuuust right...not to mention the darn thing had a nervous breakdown and completely crashed out of no where, a replaced harddrive later, I don't expect too much from her. I don't want to send her to the grave working her too hard.

And now, I can add a massive burn to her list.

But she's a strong one....Apple makes 'em good, that's for sure.

I feel like this should be a part of their new marketing.....

"Why buy Mac? 'Cause our product can take the heat. Literally, actual heat people. In addition to withstanding toddlers, dogs, and coffee spills...we can now add iron burns by house wives to the list. Macs...our products can endure just about anything. Get yours today."

So, luckily, I still have a working laptop, even if I don't really use her. Unfortunately, the iron saw its last day. Searing heat and plastic computers may be one thing. But searing heat, caked on plastic, and clothes are somethin' else....

2 comments:

Jen said...

They should totally ues your sloagan, I actually might buy a Mac with that pitch! hehehe

D'Ache' said...

LOL!