Come on in...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last week in review-Daddy Daughter Dance and more.

Last week was, interesting

We were once again trapped indoors by this winter's unrelenting snow and cold. I actually woke up on Monday to the sound of squealing tires trying to inch their way up the inclined driveway to the base chapel located directly behind our house. Because everything was covered under an invisible layer of ice all the cars that tried to drive up to the chapel just reversed it back onto the street after their tires nearly started smoking in a vain attempt to conqueror the icy drive. Not a single car made it up. :~) It was pretty funny. So much so I actually spent thirty minutes at the window watching.
Wow.
Just writing that makes me realize how sad that is. It's like when you see people in their lawn chairs, on their front porch watching the paint dry...because they have nothing better to do. And here I am, sitting at my window, watching the cars try to climb an icy hill...because I have nothing better to do. Ohhh, that's soooo sad.

Anyways, school was canceled, again, because of weather.

And then Marvelly got sick with a mysterious fever for two days.



I was in a funk and in desperate need to escape mentally, so I broke out some favorite books and sailed away to Forks for a couple days.

By the end of the week things started picking up. Marvelly's fever had finally passed, the icy roads had finally melted and just in time for their hair appointments on Thursday. Thank goodness too, we needed to get out, and they needed a good trimming.

befores....


and the only 'after' shot I have, Marvelly is now sporting an almost shoulder length do. Once the humidity returns it will bounce back up and rest on her shoulders. Sydaleigh's is still long. Not that long...but long.

Friday we had a game night date with our neighbors, which was super fun. Our love of board games is definitely being resurrected...thanks in part to our obsession with Catan. 

Saturday was the annual Daddy Daughter Dance at the community center. Isaak had two very pretty dates that evening who were very eager to get dressed up for their daddy.

They danced, ate, did the limbo, schmoozed with friends, took pictures....and had an all around fantastic date night with daddy.


 And while they were away this mommy took off for a fun night of my own! Girls night was way overdue. Taco bar, Liz's house, my gang of ladies, two yummy cakes, Loaded Questions, lots of inappropriate answers, laughing till my sides hurt, laughing till I cried, laughing till I couldn't even laugh anymore because I was laughing so hard. My kind of night. :~)

The weekend definitely redeemed itself! We started out dragging but ended on a high note.

3 comments:

Bekah Boo said...

i LOVE it!!!
the girls look smashing! Isaak must have been floored!
Makes me smile...

D'Ache' said...

That's some long hair alright.
Love the dress up!!!!!

Georgia said...

isaak looks fantabulous and the girls are as beautiful as ever!!!! love ya!