Come on in...

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Disney say what?!

"I'm sorry....what?!"

"WHAT?!"

I feel like I have just had the wind knocked out of me....anxiety attack may be approaching (or it would be if I was prone to anxiety attacks).

I just read....*breathe, breathe*.....

....that Disney will not be making any more...... princess movies.

And it's not just the end of princess movies....but ALL FAIRY TALES!!

Disney...say what?!

No more princess movies? No more fairy tales?!

Wha....I....ugh.....

COME AGAIN?!!!!!

What do you mean? How can this be? What will come of the world without the musical happily ever after's I've come to love? I shudder to think.

Literally, shuddering.

All because you seem to think that little girls these days grow out of the princess stage too quickly therefore not making it worth the effort to continue investing in this market. Well, Mr. Disney.....I will have you know that in this house we fully recognize our princess potential. Yeah that's right. I am a proud princess and am taking personal offense to you assuming that all girls turn in their tiaras at five and stop singing along to the animated goodness of Tiana, and Rapunzel, and Ariel.

That's nonsense, nonsense I tell you!!!

If I ever felt inclined to protest over anything in my life it would be this.

"Bring.back.fairy.tales! Bring.back.fairy.tales!  Bring.back.fairy.tales!"

Seriously....no more princesses, singing, neurotic step mothers, sparkley sparkles, princes, fairy god mothers, talking animals, and happily ever afters.

Disney pulling the plug on princesses.....what is the world coming to......I.do.not.know.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Are you SERIOUS??? No way! I still love my princess movies, thank you much! The only reason some little girls stop wanting to be princesses is if princess dreams aren't encouraged. I guess I'm going to have to keep my stash of princess movies well protected from here on out!

Bekah Boo said...

What the WHAT?!?!
What?
Where did you see this?!
OUTRAGE! O MY GOSH

Kelly said...

Hello! People are still having girls!

Bring back the princesses!

Holly said...

I heard that too.
It's why we decided to go see the last one in the theatre, even though it puts us out close to $100 to do so as a family.

also...I say give it a few years...
they'll be back.
it might take a while, but they'll be back.

Unknown said...

SAY WHAT???? I am VERY upset!! I love princess movies and I am almost 33!! And, I have a very mature six year old that loves them too! Disney is making a very good customer mad!