Come on in...

Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm sweatin' over here

And I don't sweat.

But that's what a whoppin' 50 degrees will do to ya after living in arctic temperatures the past two months.

You'll think that 50 degrees is warm.

Actually, you'll think that 36 degrees is warm in the mornings when you leave the house, and by the afternoon when it gets up to 50 it's just plain hot, and you sweat.

That's what Nebraska has done to me. It's made me delusional into thinking 36 degrees is warm, and 50 degrees is hot!

If I was still living in South Florida I'd be suffering from hypothermia. Yeah, really. I would be.

But, we're not in South Florida anymore...so my body has betrayed me, and actually got acclimated to the cold.

Well, as much as possible for me. I'm a perpetually cold person by nature. Like, if being cold was a disease, then, well, I'd have a disease of being cold. Which makes this all the more sick that I actually think that 36 degrees is warm and 50 degrees is hot. That's just so warped in my world.

So, because mornings of 36 degrees is now considered warm, we are taking full advantage of playing outside and getting every bit of vitamin D the sun had to offer.

We went berserk on our snowman and crushed him to smithereens. Picked up snow balls and flailed it into our tree. 

 We walked our favorite walking trail.
Road bikes. Climbed mountains of snow.

Got reacquainted with old toys and played in the mud.


 that is one adorably dirty tooshie.

hello heat wave!

3 comments:

Holly said...

we've had that same little freakish heat wave here this weekend too!

Georgia said...

you really do need to move back south!! love ya

Unknown said...

Okay, thank the LORD that you are having the same thoughts as me! I am HOT! and it is only 50 degrees outside. What is wrong with this picture??